We’re often asked, “can I put hemp CBD vape oil under my tongue?” We’re here to say you probably don’t want to.
Perhaps you ordered the wrong product or no longer wish to use a vaporizer. It may be tempting to put the product to use in another way.
We advise against using CBD vape oil sublingually, mostly at the thought of how it’s going to taste, but also because the ingredients may not be suitable for regular ingestion. So, if you are considering how best to use your vape oil, here are some things to consider.
Get a CBD Product Designed for Sublingual Use
Since vape oil is not designed for sublingual use, it usually does not contain the health benefits of products that are designated to be used sublingually. Unlike vape oils, tinctures and other CBD products meant for oral use do not contain VG or PG. Instead, they contain all-natural ingredients and often have additional phytonutrients to be absorbed sublingually.
There is an exception.
Look at the ingredients in your CBD vape oil and see if there are any ingredients you would not normally consume – like VG or PG. Some hemp vape oils, like Alternate Vape, contain all-natural ingredients that you could take sublingually.
What Is CBD Vape Oil?
While CBD oil for oral ingestion is made by adding essential oils like grape seed or coconut oil to it, CBD vape juice does not have this. It is made by adding propylene glycol, terpenes, or glycerin to it. You cannot vape CBD oil since the essential oils are not meant to be ignited. Likewise, CBD vape oils should not be ingested sublingually as they have ingredients in them that may not be safe for ingestion.
Is Using CBD Vape Oil the Same as Smoking?
Vaping is not the same as smoking. Smoking involves inhaling a lot of toxic substances that might not be good for your body. When you vape, on the other hand, you are inhaling a purified extract. You have more control over what you are getting into your body when compared to smoking.
Benefits of CBD Vape Oil
There are many advantages to using CBD vape oil. Knowing about them will help you make a more informed decision on the method of intake of CBD into your system:
- Contains therapeutic properties: CBD is known to contain many positive therapeutic properties. The top of this list is that it helps deal with anxiety, depression, and stress. It is also known to help you deal with recurring chronic pain.
- The dose is adjustable: Using CBD vapes allows you to tailor your dose based on the instructions that come with it. You get to pair it up with your favorite e-liquid, and in quantities you feel are sufficient for you. It is a better option than having capsules with specified quantities on them per dosage.
- Tastes better: One thing that puts people off with CBD is the taste. The oil tends to taste bitter. However, with vapes, you can pair it up with an e-liquid you like, so it tastes the way you want it to.
- Helps you quit smoking: Vaping has been known to help people quit smoking. Not only do you get to quit an addictive habit, but you are also getting the benefits that come from CBD oil into your system.
- Acts fast: Compared to taking CBD sublingually, vaping acts faster. You get to feel the effects as soon as they happen. The reason for this is because the CBD goes directly into your bloodstream as you vape. You will know when you have had enough.
- It helps you sleep better: If you are having trouble sleeping, try vaping CBD before going to bed. It has been proven to help people sleep better.
Will CBD Vape Oil Give Me a High?
No, vaping CBD will not give you a high. CBD oil comes from the hemp plant but contains less than 0.3% of THC. THC is what is known to cause the high in cannabis products. With CBD, however, you do not get high. You will only get the benefits of the oil without the added high that comes along with it.
How Much CBD Should I Vape?
There is no standard for how much CBD you should vape in a day. The dosage will vary based on your condition, weight, and concentration of the vape you are using. One thing you need to keep in mind, however, is to stay within the limits of 20 milligrams to 1500 milligrams.
One thing you need to remember before you start vaping is to know which oil you are using. Not all CBD oils are compatible with vaporizers. Misusing them can cause you more health complications instead of helping you solve them. The surest way to getting the most out of CBD is ensuring you are using it in the recommended way.
Buy a Hemp Vaporizer Pen to Use with Your Vape Oil
If your vaporizer pen broke or you forgot to order one with your vape oil, you can easily pick one up at a local vape shop or in our store. If you are new to vaping, we suggest a vape kit because it contains everything needed to get started. Vaping is a great way to get hemp oil into your system because it quickly absorbs into the body. It is also a better alternative to smoking! In fact, many people turn to vaping to kick smoking habits.
Additionally, the act of vaping in itself is often relaxing, which is often something people look to achieve with hemp oil.
Return & Exchange Your Hemp Vape Oil
Ordered the wrong product? If it’s something from the Made By Hemp store, call or email us and we’ll work with you to get you the right product. We understand that the expansive world of CBD hemp products can be intimidating, especially to newcomers. If you’re second-guessing your purchase, we want to help you find the right product! Don’t hesitate to chat with us.
Suggested Vape Pens
If you’re looking to try vaping hemp without the commitment of buying an expensive mod, we recommend:
The Alternate Vape Kit – an inexpensive kit that comes with a pre-filled cartridge, reusable battery, charger, and carrying case. The battery is a one-time purchase; the cartridges are the only part of the kit that needs to be repurchased.
These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.