Hormones are chemical messengers that move around your body in the bloodstream instructing your tissues and organs what to do. Hormones exercise control of your body processes such as metabolism and reproduction. The glands that produce them are in the endocrine system. Hormones operate within narrow margins, and any deviation is an imbalance.
Hormones help regulate bodily functions such as heartbeat, mood, and reproductive functions, sleep functions, and sleep cycles. Men and women are equally affected by hormone imbalance. Women experience imbalances of estrogen and progesterone.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance
Oestrogen is a female sex hormone that affects neurotransmitters in the brain, including serotonin, which is a chemical that boosts your mood. Fluctuations in estrogen in your bloodstream will cause mood swings.
If you are a woman going through perimenopause or menopause, you will likely experience low libido due to estrogen falling levels. You are also likely to experience night sweats, fatigue, and anxiety.
Weight gain can be caused by an underperforming thyroid gland that fails to secrete adequate thyroid hormones to regulate metabolism.
Causes of Hormonal imbalance
If any gland in the endocrine gland malfunctions, then you are bound to experience some form of hormonal imbalance. Listed below are some of the causes of hormonal imbalances:
• Chronic stress
• Underperforming thyroid. Over performing thyroid
• Poor nutrition
• Overproduction of glucagon
• Type 1 & 2 diabetes
• Abuse of steroid medications
What Is Menopause?
Menopause is that period 12 months after a woman’s last menstrual period. The period preceding the 12 months when you are experiencing rapid changes in your monthly cycles, hot flashes, and other symptoms is called perimenopause.
What Is CBD?
CBD has been abbreviated as Cannabidiol. A naturally occurring single compound in the cannabis plant. CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and then diluted in a carrier oil like coconut oil.
Symptoms of Menopause and CBD Oil Remedies
Listed below are the menopausal symptoms and how CBD could mitigate them:
• Aches and joint pain: As you age, your body produces less estrogen, and this causes the body to produce higher levels of inflammatory molecules. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties.
• Mood swings and depression: As a woman, you may experience anxiety during menopause. CBD oil activates serotonin receptors. Serotonin is responsible for your moods.
• Hot flashes and night sweats: This symptom is caused by a change in the neurons’ chemical composition in your hypothalamus, a thermostat body equivalent. You are likely to have an incident-free night if you use CBD oil.
• Weight gain and diabetes: Hormones control your body’s metabolism, and low estrogen production means you burn fewer calories. Sample studies have shown that adults on CBD have lower insulin levels and have lean bodies. These studies suspect the contribution of CBD for a healthy metabolism.
• Osteoporosis: In osteoporosis, your body continuously moves calcium into and out of the bones. During menopause, more calcium moves out than is added, lowering the bone density. The bone regeneration properties of CBD comes in handy if your bones are healthy.
These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.